Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions for us? Contact us and we will answer all queries.
What is ISTD?
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) is one of the world’s leading dance examination boards. From Ballet to Ballroom, they have 12 dance faculties covering Theatre, Dancesport and Social Dance.
Since 1904 they have provided training for dance teachers and examiners, enabling teachers to enter their students for examinations, develop new techniques and spread the joy of dance.
As a registered educational charity and membership association, the ISTD’s mission is to educate the public in the art of dancing in all its forms, to promote knowledge of dance, to provide up-to-date techniques for their members, and to maintain and improve teaching standards. They support their members through updated teaching syllabi and techniques, plus a wide variety of courses, summer schools and congresses.
Praise Academy of Dance has taken part in these examinations for over 5 years training our students to become accredited dance teachers and professional dancers.
In order to sit this External Examination, you are chosen by your class teacher and will be required to pay an examination fee.
What is Glorious?
Glorious! is the main fundraising event for Praise Academy of Dance Barbados.
Glorious! is a culmination of all the hard work from the students throughout the year, and showcases their talent as dancers and ministers, while providing a positive atmosphere for our students to be a blessing to each other and the wider community through dance.
What are the Praise Academy school rules?
- Arrive 15 minutes before every class and rehearsal
- Attend classes consistently
- Be attired in full uniform for classes and rehearsals
- Hair is neatly pulled back in a bun for Ballet classes
- Be respectful to teachers and administrative staff
- No eating or drinking in studio (Only water is allowed)
- Complete all home-work and assignment given
- Review dance exercises or choreography given in class before the next class
- Parents, guests or students not enrolled in a class are not permitted in the studio while that class is in session
- All jewellery must be removed before any class
- Cell phone usage or usage of devices are not permitted in the studio